The Lansdowne Monument is a 38 metre high obelisk, erected in 1845 by the 3rd Marquis of Lansdowne to commemorate his ancestor, Sir William Petty, a physician and surveyor. It was restored by the National Trust in 1990. It is situated adjacent to the Cherhill White Horse in Wiltshire. Photographed from the Roman Road near Morgan's Hill looking across Calstone Down.
© 2011 All Rights Reserved
Calstone Down, nr Calne, Wiltshire, UK
Clive Rathband FRPS FPSSA EFIAP